Competition for the position of scholar in the OPUS 22 project
Name of unit: Faculty of Pharmacy, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Department of Technology and Biotechnology of Drugs
Job title: Scholar
The aim of the competition is to select a candidate for the realisation of the project financed by NCN no. UMO-2021/43/B/NZ7/01938 entitled: ” Studies on anti-inflammatory properties of GPR18 ligands and their involvement in modulation of microglia phenotypes – a new target in therapy of neuroinflammation”.
– interest in scientific work in a molecular biology laboratory
– theoretical/practical knowledge of the following techniques:
– the ability to work in GraphPad (would be advantageous)
– ability to communicate orally in English (presentation of results of ongoing work at international congresses) and to read and write scientific papers
– independence, creativity, responsibility and motivation to learn new methods of scientific work
SOURCE OF FUNDING
National Science Centre (NCN)
PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship holder will participate in the realization of the research planned in the project. The project aims to search for anti-inflammatory compounds with potential application in neurological disorders. The aim of the project’s research is to increase knowledge of the potential neuroprotective effects of GPR18 receptor ligands. The scholar will conduct mammalian cell cultures, proliferation assays, viability assays, determination of toxicity of tested compounds, evaluation of the influence of GPR18 ligands on the activity and polarization states of microglia cell subtypes.
12 months (extendable for a further 9 months)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary amount: PLN 3500 (tax-free amount, paid in full).
12 months (extendable for another 9 months)
Deadline for submission of offers: 15.11.2023 r.
Preferred start date: December 2023
Form of contact: email
Successful candidates will be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee. In particular evaluated will be general knowledge of molecular biology methods, understanding of research methodology and principles of analysis of results.
The application should include:
– Application/motivation letter justifying your desire to undertake research
– Curriculum vitae with particular emphasis on past scientific achievements (including a list of publications, training, participation in research projects) and awards and honours resulting from the research conducted
– documents substantiating your scientific achievements (e.g. list of publications, congress presentations, participation in grants)
– additional documents that could strengthen your application (at applicant’s choice).
– Information on the processing of personal data together with consent (signed scan): statement:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data for the purposes necessary for the recruitment process, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29.08.1997, Dz. U. No. 133, Item 883)”
– scholarship application (signed scan)
Please send applications, documents and additional questions on recruitment to the following address:
prof. dr hab. Katarzyna Kieć-Kononowicz, Katedra Technologii i Biotechnologii Środków Leczniczych, CMUJ
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in the title please write – scholarship in OPUS 22